THANK YOU FOR BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY WITH HOKKAIDO TRACKS RESORT PROPERTIES. PLEASE SEE OUR BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW PRIOR TO MAKING YOUR PAYMENT. GUESTS ACCEPT OUR BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS IN FULL WHEN MAKING A BOOKING.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A deposit of 20% of the total cost of the complete booking must be paid within 3 days of the reservation being made before a reservation can be confirmed. For some properties we do not manage, the deposit must be paid within 3 days – the guest will be informed in advance in these cases. Where the total booking amount is ¥50,000 or less, full payment is required.
- Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled unless other arrangements are made.
- A reservation is not confirmed until we have issued a written Deposit Received Confirmation and your deposit payment has cleared in our account.
- Payment of the balance of the accommodation must be received no later than 60 days prior to the arrival date.
- Failure to make the final payment on time may result in the booking being cancelled. Cancellation fees will be charged in accordance with the Cancellation Conditions set out below.
- If the date on which the reservation is made or the date on which the deposit is otherwise due, is less than 60 days prior to the arrival date, immediate payment in full of the Total Cost is required at the time of making the reservation unless otherwise notified to you at the time the reservation is made.
AMENDMENTS TO CONFIRMATION
- Amendments after a booking has been confirmed incur an administration fee of ¥5,000 per change – this does not apply to Guest Services added to the booking.
- An amendment includes any change to names and adding extra people to your booking.
PAYMENT, BANK FEES & CHARGES
- Payment is to be made by credit card. Where we incur a bank fee or charge in respect of any payment by you, then you will pay that fee to us in full.
- Credit card payments may take up to 8 weeks to appear on your credit card statement. The time of the charge and any exchange rates issues are not within our control and must be absorbed by the card holder. Credit card processing times are out of the control of Hokkaido Tracks.
Any cancellation must be made in writing (email) and reconfirmed in writing by Hokkaido Tracks before being considered a cancellation.
- Any changes to the property booked, check in date or check out date will be treated as a cancellation unless otherwise agreed.
- Cancellation within 7 days of initial confirmation will not incur a fee from Hokkaido Tracks, however any bank fees incurred in the refund process will be deducted from the deposit prior to the refund being issued.
- Cancellation after the booking is confirmed AND before the Balance Due date is subject to a cancellation fee of ¥20,000, or 20% of the total amount at standard rates before any discount has been applied (which ever is greater) plus any transaction fees incurred. Hokkaido Tracks will return the balance amount to you.
- Cancellation after Balance Due date is subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount. That is, there will be no refund.
- Any change to a guest service that is not an addition of a new item may be treated as a cancellation unless otherwise agreed.
- An amendment fee of 5,000 JPY will be charged for any guest service cancelation IN ADDITION to the following:
- Cancellation 7 days or less prior to check-in is subject to a cancelation fee of 100% of the guest service retail price before any discounts have been applied.
- Any bank fees incurred in the refund process will be deducted from the deposit prior to the refund being issued.
CHECK IN / OUT
- Check in time is from 4:00pm and check out time is 10:00am. All luggage must be removed at time of check out.
- Early check in and late check out may not be possible due to housekeeping restrictions and is on a request basis only once in resort.
- In compliance with Japanese Hotel Law, a copy of each guest’s passport must be taken on check in. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
- Valid credit card details including security code are required at check-in as a security deposit. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
- A booking is only valid for the number of guests stated in the most recent booking confirmation issued by Hokkaido Tracks. Exceeding the agreed upon number of guests will result in full cancellation without refund, or an extra charge of 50,000 JPY per head per night – to be decided by Hokkaido Tracks upon consideration of the property and its capacity.
- When car parking at the accommodation is available, it is not made available for use until the time of check-in, and is not available for use after check out.
- Where a late check out has not been confirmed in writing and the accommodation is not vacated by 10.00am, a late check out fee of 10,000 JPY for each hour or part thereof that the property is occupied after 10.00am.
- We reserve the right to enforce vacation of the property any time after the check out time.
CLEANING, LINEN & TOWELS
- Depending on the property, rooms can be set up with either twin or double beds if requested at the time of booking. Where a bedding configuration is not supplied and a bedding configuration must be changed at the request of a guest, housekeeping charges will be billed to the guest.
- Futons, baby cots and baby high chairs have additional costs beyond the basic accommodation fee.
- The accommodation will be clean and tidy, and have fresh towels and linen at the commencement of each booking. Complimentary hand soap, body soap, shampoo, clothes detergent, dish detergent and sponges will be provided at the commencement of each booking.
- At time of check out, guests are to ensure the accommodation is reasonably tidy, all rubbish is sorted in the bins provided, kitchen and dining utensils are washed or in an operating dishwasher, and furniture and chattels are replaced to their original position. Excess cleaning costs will be charged to the guest’s credit card where this is not the case.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTIES, FIXTURES & FITTINGS, KEYS & SECURITY DEPOSIT
- Guests accept responsibility for loss and damage to the accommodation, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels during occupation and permit Hokkaido Tracks to charge their credit card in cases where loss or damage has occurred.
- There will be a fee of up to 10,000 JPY per lost or damaged keys. If this has not been paid for, it will be charged to your credit card.
SMOKING & PETS
- All properties and vehicles are strictly non-smoking. If guests smoke in the accommodation or a vehicle, they will be immediately charged a 50,000 JPY fine, and they may be evicted from the accommodation without refund. Additional cleaning costs will be charged as well as compensatory charges for later guests affected by the smell, including costs of alternative accommodation.
- Pets are not allowed in any properties or outside in vehicles without written permission by Hokkaido Tracks. If guests have an animal in the accommodation without permission by Hokkaido Tracks, they may be evicted without refund. Additional cleaning costs will be charged as well as compensatory charges for later guests affected in any way.
- The letting agreement is solely between Hokkaido Tracks and the lead guest. Guests are not permitted to sub-let the accommodation, receive any income from other guests, or to promote the property to others. Hokkaido Tracks monitors digital media for these activities.
- Non-compliance will result in an immediate booking cancellation and eviction with no refund. Assistance sourcing alternative accommodation will not be provided.
Japan recognises only international drivers licenses which are based on the Geneva Convention of 1949. For rental cars and/or vehicles that are provided inclusive with accommodation, this international drivers license must be presented in addition to your home-country driver license on arrival.
For vehicles that are provided inclusive with accommodation, the driver must also be 26 years of age or older. Failure to comply will result in full cancellation without refund.
Parking is not always guaranteed at accommodation. Please check with Hokkaido Tracks before assuming parking is available.
- Hokkaido Tracks always strongly recommends you obtain travel insurance. This insurance can protect you against loss of personal belongings, public liability, injury and also against your need to cancel under certain conditions.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to protect themselves against travel risks through appropriate insurance.
Under no circumstances can Hokkaido Tracks or any of the property owners be held responsible for snow or weather conditions and cancellations made thereafter. Holidays cannot be cancelled other than in accordance with the cancellation policy detailed in this document.
The last bus from the airport departs at 21:30 in the winter. If your domestic flight arrives at New Chitose Airport later than 8:40pm (7:30pm for International Flights) the bus companies will not accept your reservation. For departures, the earliest bus arrives at New Chitose airport from Niseko at 11:00am. If your flights do not fit into these times you will need to take a private transfer. Private airport transfers will wait thirty minutes after the agreed meeting time. After thirty minutes, the transfer will be considered cancelled and full cancellation fees apply.
CHANGES, RESPONSIBILITY & FURTHER
- In providing booking services Hokkaido Tracks acts as an agent for various property owners and Hokkaido Tracks does not accept or undertake any personal liability when acting in this capacity.
- No responsibility or liability is accepted or undertaken by Hokkaido Tracks, its employees, agents or contractors for any death, injury, accident, damage to personal property (including baggage) or any other matter arising from any act, omission or thing outside of their control.
- Hokkaido Tracks reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in our opinion absolutely renders the booking impractical. In such an event, we shall notify you as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation or alternative dates suitable, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action shall exist in or be made by either party.
- Premises are let for holiday purposes only for the period stated on your letter/receipt issued by Hokkaido Tracks but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner, however we will not accept responsibility for decisions, actions or arrangements taken by the current owners of the premises or any other body which is outside our control.
- All information in respect of goods and services offered, including prices, is subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. Hokkaido Tracks have the right to alter, amend or cancel all or any arrangements or prices in regard to accommodation.
- In addition to the terms and conditions set out above, any booking is subject to further terms and conditions as advised at the time of booking or as may be displayed at the time of utilisation of the item or service. Any provision of, or the application of any provision of, these terms and conditions which is void, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction does not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions in that or any other jurisdiction.
SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
- All specials, promotions and discounts advertised for holiday stays are subject to availability and can be removed by Hokkaido Tracks Resort Properties subject to availability.
- The “¥10,000 OFF your Niseko Stay” Offer is valid and claimable when guests book both accommodation and guest services directly with Hokkaido Tracks Resort Properties for stays during winter 2019-2020 (November 23, 2019– May 06, 2020). Only valid one signup per entry. Maximum claimable is ¥10,000 off.